Sagging skin is loose skin that appears to hold no definition due to the lack of muscle underneath.
Sagging skin is due to two age-related reasons: loss of collagen, which gives skin its elasticity, and loss of facial fat, the absence of which causes skin to droop. The most common cause of sagging skin is aging. As you age, your skin loses the collagen and elastin, your skin’s supportive connective tissue, that make it look soft, plump and youthful. In addition, facial muscles can weaken with age, which takes a toll too. Sun exposure and weight loss, especially the loss of large amounts of weight over a short period of time, can cause skin to sag.
Thread lifting is minimally invasive procedure to lift and tighten sagging skin on the face, neck and body. The procedure uses dissolvable sutures under the skin. We use a large variety of different threads and techniques to achieve the best outcome depending on the client’s goals. Treatment offers impressive results and an effective alternative to surgery – without any scars, incisions or lengthy downtime.
- Instant results – The threads attach to the soft tissue rapidly, producing a noticeable lift as soon as the procedure is complete.
- Long-lasting results – If immediate results aren’t enough to make you want this procedure, the components within the threads used naturally stimulate collagen production. This, over time, produces a more natural look that lasts for a considerable amount of time. If skin laxity returns, more threads can be used to rejuvenate your look and give you a refreshed appearance.
- Minimal downtime – Typically when undergoing a surgical face lift, patients have to factor in several weeks to allow for complete recovery. However, using our thread lifts, patients only need 2 – 3 days of downtime to witness a complete result. The local anaesthetic used wears off within 6 – 12 hours and causes no concerning after effects.
- Address multiple concerns – Whether you are looking to enhance facial definition or simply want to rid yourself of excess skin, thread lifts are the procedure for you.
- Safety – The use of thread lifts is safe and has been shown to cause no allergic reactions. Having been used for over 50 years to close surgical wounds, this material is bound to tackle all aspects of facial ageing without the fear of experiencing complications
You are a suitable candidate if,
1. You are facing any of the following conditions:
- Hollow cheeks –loss of volume in your cheeks due to reduced collagen production
- Jowls –as we age and gravity takes its toll, jowls can form around the jawline, creating excess skin.
- Sagging cheeks –the mild to moderate sagging of cheeks caused by the ageing process
- Deep wrinkles –folds and lines around the nose and chin caused by fat pads in our face slipping due to age.
2. You’re aged 30 or above looking to combat the signs of ageing.
3. You are looking for a less-invasive alternative to surgery that gives longer lasting results.
3. You are not pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from anticoagulation or auto-immune conditions.
4. You are a healthy adult with realistic goals and expectations.
Mono Thread lifts
Mono Threads stimulate natural collagen and elastin within the skin. Tightening facial contours and improving loose tissue in a single session, these single smooth threads are placed beneath the epidermis to encourage cell renewal in a minimally invasive manner.
After entering the skin, the threads activate collagen synthesis for a gradual skin tightening and skin rejuvenation effect. While Mono Threads tighten the skin, they do not significantly lift it. These skin tightening treatments can be used to rejuvenate collagen treating neck sagging, forehead lines, and facial wrinkles. Mono threads differ from thread lifts which use long barbed threads to lift tissues, however they can still provide an improvement of fine lines and wrinkles by gradually stimulating natural collagen production.
Mono threads are a great option for both men and women looking to tighten the following areas:
- Upper and lower cheeks
- Forehead and brows
- Neck and jawline
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines